Double-U | Unbeatable, Untouchable
April 19, 2024, 05:25:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aky and Ronnie left DU

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Let me tell you a story......

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let me tell you a story......  (Read 658 times)
Sp4zlord
Newbz0r

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Level 3 Level 2
« on: May 28, 2017, 05:44:45 am »

It has almost been a decade since this clan's birth. Not surprised that this clan has been in a dormant state, since my unannounced departure 7 years ago. Now that i'm back here, but its only because i only wanted to go back to memory lane.

I'm guessing all of you who are reading this play in LW, the very server where the clan started. Back in 2008, 32 players maximum were allowed to play in the server, with no custom weapons and all that newfangled stuff back then. The rules were just as strict too, and the mods/admins enforced it further. Fair dueling was mostly bunnyhopping shotgun battles, with a side of m60s for longer ranges. I was playing on version 0.3z where every shot is considered as a bodyshot, and exploits were pretty easy too with client-side maps and client-side shot patterns (meaning that you could change the stubby's spread to extreme levels where sprays with the shotgun won't hit you at all at extremely close range, but you were able to still shoot the enemy with a normal pattern registered in their client). Those were the times, but that is long over for me.

The real story here is the clan. I was here when CoLa founded this place long ago, with me joining a week or two after its presence. I don't remember the other people i've been with, but i know they're still here somewhere lurking. To be honest, i only joined this clan because they lacked members, and i just went in for shits and giggles. It becomes a different story the longer i stayed here. Some members aren't even in the clan anymore and they still stood here

One time, there was this racing server. You could acquire a racing license wherein you were able to make custom races by placing ordered checkpoints around the map, but starting a race spawns all checkpoints, so placing them too close together would confuse racers of knowing the direction of next checkpoint. CoLa, in receiving his license, was off to a start by making races with terrible checkpoints, it was worth a laugh trying to finish his obstacle courses.

I didn't participate in tournaments, but the clan did have its good share of tournaments back then, with subsequent wins to secure our place in VCMP history. Well, atleast some people are still applying to one of the older clans in VCMP.

Leaving this clan wasn't part of the plan, but i did get burned out by VCMP. There are currently, other better games to play right now. heck, even GTA V has FiveM with dedicated servers to have fairer, less glitchier combat. In the end, VCMP is there for nostalgic effect. I left the game, but i wouldn't have left from the community i went into. Several years is alot of change for me too, as the past is the past.

Man, ten years is a feat, i'd love to meet all the people i was with long ago. Someone send a message to CoLa and his bro that Sp4z says hi. Same for deagle, amiel and the rest of the old timers in this fossil. Its okay if i get a reply a year later, but thats okay, as long as we remember each other.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rohit
Im Not a Noob anymore Yo

Elite z0r

View Profile WWW
Fifth year Anniversary Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:10:20 pm »

Cola always  thought you would come back bro.. But he hasnt been around for a while lately.. His longest absence, in my view,  since he started DU.. I've been alive and dead wrt this game for many years.. I only play this game whenever I feel nostalgic. Sure it isn't the same, but the game play is good.
Report Spam   Logged

CoLa_z0r

Elite z0r

z0rz0rz0r

View Profile
Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 06:19:24 pm »

LOL almost EXACTLY a YEAr like you said spazzy, that I'm seeing this post.

Yea, this game I return for nostalgia pretty much lol. Thought I was done with it, but man, can't stop my intrigue of a community that has been dear to my heart for the majority of my late childhood!

Those races at Miami-Dade Racing Server man yea, brings memories back haha, I think I got my license ripped off at one point because I made bad tracks too much XDDD

But yea, buddy creepz0r, you're probably living a great life, and that's all that is worth. Just drop by from time to time to announce that you're still alive on this earth!
Report Spam   Logged

>VC:MP Since 2007.
>Founder & Leader of DU (2008~).
>Admin @ XE (2009~2015), DU A/D (2010), SvM (2010~12), LW (2012~), WS (2012) and EA (2013).
>Admin for Events: ULK Open Challenge (2009~10), Vice City Duelling Championship (2009~10), XE Events (2010), XAD Clan League (2013) and LW Events (2013~).
>Racing Track Creating Rights @ Miami-Dade Racing Server (2009)
>Highest Spree: 90 (@LW) | Highest Score: 1100 Kills (@SvM), 341 Kills (@LW).
CoLa_z0r

Elite z0r

z0rz0rz0r

View Profile
Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 09:09:47 am »

I haven't forgotten any of you. Creeper, Rohit Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

>VC:MP Since 2007.
>Founder & Leader of DU (2008~).
>Admin @ XE (2009~2015), DU A/D (2010), SvM (2010~12), LW (2012~), WS (2012) and EA (2013).
>Admin for Events: ULK Open Challenge (2009~10), Vice City Duelling Championship (2009~10), XE Events (2010), XAD Clan League (2013) and LW Events (2013~).
>Racing Track Creating Rights @ Miami-Dade Racing Server (2009)
>Highest Spree: 90 (@LW) | Highest Score: 1100 Kills (@SvM), 341 Kills (@LW).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: